You may not avail any of our services without creating an LIBERTY account.If you choose to create an LIBERTY account, LIBERTY may ask for your name, birthday, gender, location, preferences, profile image and, by case, email address, so that we could identify you and provide better Services to you. All of the aforementioned information is mandatory, in order to ensure better matching system. If you create an LIBERTY account by connecting with a third-party service, such as Facebook, Twitter or Google, or if you connect an LIBERTY account with a third-party account, we will use information from such third-party service, including your third-party service user name, gender, profile image and birthday. Other personal information, such as location and preferences, you will complete by yourself.None of your personal information, with the exception of your profile picture and, by case, your name, won’t be displayed publicly to other users, unless you will gain LIBERTY status with your partner.We use your birthday to determine whether you have reached the minimum age (18+) to avail our Services. We use your contact information, such as your email address, to authenticate your account, and keep your account as well as our services secure. We use your background information, such as your location, in order to match you with other users from your area.If you provide us with your email address, you agree that we may send text messages to that email address. We will do so only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. If you deactivate our Services, you will no longer receive any text or email from us.
How we use information we collect
We use or may disclose your personal information only as follows:
- To verify your identity;
- To connect you with others as enabled by the Service;
- To allow your use of certain features of the Service that may be offered from time to time (such as Premium Services);
- To show you the names of persons you communicate with and to show your name to persons you communicate with on the Service;
- To deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
- To contact you via email, for the purpose of informing you about new products, services or promotions offered by LIBERTY;
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting problems, data analysis, testing, research, improvements to the Service, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other illegal activity;
- When we have a good faith belief that the law, any legal process, law enforcement, national security or issue of public importance requires disclosure;
- In connection with a corporate transaction involving LIBERTY, such as the purchase or sale of a business unit, an acquisition, merger, sale of assets, or other similar event.
Information Shared by You
Some communications on LIBERTY may be registered by us and be viewed by users with who you communicated. Therefore, you should think twice before sharing any sensitive information. Your private message may also be monitored by us if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in illegal activities while using private messaging services. Your private messages (including any image or video contained) may be shared with law enforcement agencies if we are requested to do so.
We will keep record of your matching interests, such as partner’s location, gender, preferences, age, expectations and connection type, to match you with the same category the next time, unless you will change any of previously mentioned matching interests
I. Right to request access — you have the right to request access into the data that we are processing on you, see Article 15 of the GDPR, including information about:
- the purposes of the processing
- the categories of personal data concerned
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
- the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored
Furthermore, you have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. Please note that the access may be restricted due to intellectual property or trade secrets.
II. The right to object — you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation when the data are processed based on the balancing-of interest rule in Section 6(1) (f) of the GDPR, see Article 21 of the GDPR. In this case, we will cease the processing unless there is compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time. We will cease the processing of your personal data for this purpose after the objection. Please note that if you exercise this right, your user license to use the Service will cease automatically.
III. Right of rectification and erasure — you have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, see Article 16 of the GDPR. Furthermore, you have the right to have your personal data erased where one of the following grounds applies, see Article 17 of the GDPR:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- if you have withdrawn your consent and there are no other legal grounds for the processing;
- if you have objected to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed or
- the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services.
Please note that your right to erasure may be limited if the data are necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
IV. Right to withdraw consent — you have the right to obtain restriction of processing in certain circumstances, see Article 18 of the GDPR. If you have the right to restriction, we will only process your data with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim or to protect a person or important grounds of public interest the right to withdraw consent. If we have asked for your consent to our processing of your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, see Article 7 of the GDPR. If you withdraw your consent, we will cease processing of the data for which you have withdrawn consent, unless we have a legal obligation to keep some or parts of your data. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, your user license to use the Services will cease automatically. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
V. The right to data portability — you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided us with which we process in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller if the processing is based on consent or contract performance, see Article 20 of the GDPR.
You can remove your data anytime you want. If you ask us to delete your account, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your data from our servers.
In order to provide Services to our users all over the world, we operate globally. You hereby authorize us to transfer, store, and use your data in any country and region we operate. In doing so we shall ensure the security of your data.
I. LIBERTY guarantees that it will not publicly disclose or provide a third party with your non-public information, unless in the following circumstances as follows:
- When prior express authorization is obtained from you;
- When and as required by prevailing laws and/or regulations;
- When and as required by relevant competent authorities of the government;
- When it is necessary to safeguard the public interest;
- When it is necessary to protect the safety of any person (including you);
- When it is necessary to address fraud, security or technical issues;
- When it is necessary to safeguard the legal rights and interests of LIBERTY.
LIBERTY is not responsible for any use or misuse of your information that might result from your disclosure of information.
II. LIBERTY may collaborate with a third party (an affiliate or otherwise) to provide you with relevant Services. In this scenario, LIBERTY has the right to share your information with a third party, if the third party agrees to bear responsibility for providing privacy protection no less favorable to that of LIBERTY.
III. Under the condition that no private information of an individual user is disclosed, LIBERTY has relevant Services. In this scenario, LIBERTY has the right to share your information with a third party, if the third party agrees to bear responsibility for providing privacy protection no less favorable to that of LIBERTY.
IV. Under the condition that no private information of an individual user is disclosed, LIBERTY has the right to analyze the entire user database and utilize the database for commercial purposes.
LIBERTY is willing to cooperate with law enforcement agencies to combat crimes. Still, we will not release sensitive user information unless we are convinced of the authenticity of the request. We will keep the existence of the request confidential if requested by the law enforcement agencies. However, we may take actions against any account that violates the User Agreement, including disabling the account.